Buying an engagement ring in DC?
Here are some things you should consider.
Whether you’re proposing and it’s a complete surprise, or you and your significant other are going shopping together to find the perfect engagement ring, it’s easy to get lost in all of the choices and not know where to start or how to make a final decision. Here are a few things to help you start your search.
Finding the best engagement ring in DC
- Engagement Ring Budget– Before you, or your significant other, fall in love with a ring, you need to have a set budget. Rings can range from a couple hundred to thousands of dollars. It’s imperative you decide what you’re comfortable spending before you start the search.
- Engagement Ring Shape– Diamonds and gemstones come in all shapes and sizes. You wouldn’t want to get a pear-shaped ring for someone who wants a princess cut. Find out if your significant other has a preference on the cut of her diamond or gemstone and use that as a starting point.
- Engagement Ring Stone– While the majority of brides would prefer a diamond engagement ring, many have gotten into the trend of gemstone engagement rings. Gemstones can be a great alternative to diamonds in terms of price and size, but you want to be sure of what your significant other prefers before choosing their ring.
- Engagement Ring Style- Does she want something vintage, brand new, or something designed especially for her? We can help you find the perfect art deco, designer, vintage, or help you design a custom engagement ring
- Engagement Ring Setting- Just as there are a variety of shapes for stones, there is a wide variety of settings. A halo engagement ring can have an entirely different look than a solitaire or 3-stone setting.
DC’s oldest jeweler is here to help find the perfect engagement ring
We can walk you through our large collection of both designer engagement rings and vintage engagement rings, and give you advice on what fits your budget and needs. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, we’re happy to help you create a custom piece just for you.