So you’ve decided it’s time to propose but have you no idea where to start, we’re here to help. We’ve put together a checklist of all the important things to consider when purchasing the engagement ring your significant other will say “yes” to.
Your DC Engagement Ring Checklist
- Deciding on a price– Perhaps the most important step in your engagement ring buying process is to decide on a budget for your ring. Whether you have a specific number in mind or a range, it will help narrow down your selection and give you an idea of what fits within your budget.
- Choosing a style– Once you’ve landed on a price you’re comfortable with, consider what style you significant other would like. Engagement rings come in all types of styles from vintage to modern, art deco to classic. We suggest starting with a few examples chosen by your significant other or based on their style, to help you decide what era and style fit her best.
- Picking a setting– Selecting a style will help with the setting. For example if your bride is more classic, she may want a simple solitaire setting, while if your bride is into more vintage pieces she may something that looks more like a theatrical cocktail ring with unique features. If you don’t see what you want in the standard solitaire, halo, three-stone rings, or our vintage collection, we can help you create something custom and entirely unique.
- Selecting a stone– Some brides have very specific tastes when it comes to their engagement ring stone. Many brides dream of the classic diamond ring while others wish for a large sapphire or emerald. Depending on a variety of factors a gemstone can offer a larger center stone for the same price, but it’s important to consider what your bride would want to wear for the rest of her life.
- Popping the question– Now that you’ve chosen a price, selected a style, narrowed down a setting, and picked your center stone, it’s time to pop the question with the ring your significant other will adore.
Choose Charles Schwartz To Help You Find The Perfect DC Engagement Ring
Our experts have been helping couples with all their engagement ring needs since 1888. We’re passionate about jewelry and can guide you through the perks of each stone and material. We work with budgets of all sizes and work with you to craft the perfect engagement ring for your significant other.
To schedule an appointment with one of our expert jewelers for your engagement ring in DC call 202-363-5432 or click here.