Unsure Where to Sell Jewelry in DC? Your Answer is Charles Schwartz & Son
Choosing to let go of your precious pieces can be an emotional process. Oftentimes, these pieces hold memories and meaning, which can be difficult to part with. You want to ensure your jewelry is treated with care and compassion. At Charles Schwartz & Son, we treat your jewelry as one of our own.
We understand it can be difficult to find a jeweler you trust enough to inherit your estate jewelry. We pride ourselves on delivering a transparent and easy to understand process. Our expert team will walk you through each step of the process to make sure you know exactly what is happening.
Charles Schwartz & Son is one of the oldest jewelers in Washington, DC. We have been based in the nation’s capital for well over 100 years, and we take immense pride in our name as arguably one of the most recognizable and finest jewelers in DC.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to meeting the needs of customers regarding all of their jewelry inquiries. Whether you want to sell your antique jewelry in DC, refurbish an heirloom, or find the right gift for you or a loved one, our family jewelers are here for you.
Sell Fine Jewelry in Washington, DC
If you are wanting to sell your estate jewelry in Washington, DC, come to the experts at Charles Schwartz & Son. We will assess and appraise each piece with you but we recommend conducting your own research before. Consider these factors when estimating the value of your jewelry:
- Quality (type of materials used, gemstones, metals…)
- Condition (needing repair, broke, old…)
- Rarity (uniqueness, one-of-a-kind characteristics…)
- Demand (engagement ring vs brooch)
- Current trends (pieces matching current trends are more valuable)
Hopefully after doing this, you will gain a better understanding of your piece and what it might be worth. This way, you and your jeweler can be on similar pages and you know what they are talking about. Having knowledge about your piece hopes both you and your jeweler. Once you have done this, you will take it to get appraised. Here are factors considered during an appraisal:
- Quality and condition of the piece (old or new, broken or scratched…)
- Measurements of the piece (size, length…)
- Design details (etched, craved, luxury…)
- Looking at the specifics of the gemstones (cut, color, carat weight, clarity…)
Additional Tips For When you Want to Sell Antique Jewelry in DC
Not only is it important to consider the physical elements of your piece, it’s important to have an understanding of the process. Like any situation, it is easier when you prepare yourself on what to expect. Here are some reminders:
- Be realistic. Don’t expect to get top dollar for your jewelry, especially if it’s not in great condition.
- Be flexible. Be willing to negotiate on price, especially if you’re selling to a private buyer.
- Be patient. It may take some time to sell your jewelry, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t sell it right away.
Choose to pass your valued pieces along can be intimidating and difficult. The more you prepare yourself for the process, the easier it will be.
“They have the most stunning pieces here! There’s a great range of designer and gorgeous estate jewelry. I had a pair of custom earrings made for me that turned out better than I expected. I adore them! Thanks for the wonderful experience!” -Jennifer Nielsen, Google Review
Visit our website or give us a call for more information on how to sell jewelry in Washington, DC!