When you’re ready to propose to your significant other, you want to find the ring they’ll say “yes” to. But as you start your search, it’s easy to get lost in the options and not know where to go. There are some things you should know before you start your ring search.
How to Get Started in Your DC Engagement Ring Search
Whether you’ve discussed rings with your significant other or not, there are five things you should know before making a purchase.
- Budget– Before you, or your significant other, fall in love with a ring, you need to have a set budget. Rings can range from a couple hundred to thousands of dollars. It’s imperative you decide what you’re comfortable spending before you start the search.
- Stone– While the majority of brides would prefer a diamond engagement ring, many have gotten into the trend of gemstone engagement rings. Gemstones can be a great alternative to diamonds in terms of price and size, but you want to be sure of what your significant other prefers before choosing their ring.
- Shape– Diamonds and gemstones come in all shapes and sizes. You wouldn’t want to get a pear-shaped ring for someone who wants a princess cut. Find out if your significant other has a preference on the cut of her diamond or gemstone and use that as a starting point.
- Setting- Just as there are a variety of shapes for stones, there is a wide variety of settings. A halo engagement ring can have an entirely different look than a solitaire or 3-stone setting.
- Style- Does she want something vintage, brand new, or something designed especially for her? We can help you find the perfect art deco, designer, vintage, or help you design a custom engagement ring.
We suggest discussing these topics with your significant other before ring shopping, but if you want it to be a complete surprise take note of the jewelry she already wears, her Pinterest boards, or talk to her family and friends for inspiration.
Our Collection of Vintage and Antique Engagement Rings
If you’re still not sure what exactly you’re looking for, perhaps an antique or vintage engagement ring is right for you. The beauty of antique and vintage engagement rings is that they come in all shapes and sizes plus they have a bit of history that you wouldn’t get with a brand new designer ring. We have classical solitaire and halo styles that give a timeless feel as well as unique art deco rings for the bride who wants to stand out from the crowd. Additionally, these rings can feel like one of a kind since they can’t be bought everywhere meaning your significant other won’t be comparing her halo diamond ring to her friend’s halo diamond ring from the same online store.
Trust the Jewelry Experts to Help You Find Your DC Engagement Ring
The experts at Charles Schwartz have been helping customers since 1888. We can walk you through our large collection and give you advice on what fits your budget and needs. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, we’re happy to help you create a custom piece just for her.
To schedule a consultation with one of our expert jewelers for your engagement ring in DC, call 202-363-5432 or click here.